HomeBase works with public, private, and non-profit partners to ensure permanently affordable homeownership—both for our local communities and for generations of homeowners.
Our organization is committed to balancing the goals of preserving housing affordability for future generations and offering today’s homeowners a dependable opportunity to build wealth and remain in their neighborhood. HomeBase achieves this balance by selling homes at below-market prices to income eligible buyers and limiting the resale price that these homeowners can charge when they later decide to sell.
We provide a variety of Affordable Housing services, including:
- Affordable Housing Consulting
- Affordable Housing Funding
- Affordable Housing Program Management & Administration
- Homebuyer Education
Public Entities & Developers
HomeBase offers a full suite of services to private and non-profit housing developers. Services include financing, design & development, implementation & administration, and marketing shared equity housing models. We work with developers and local governments to:
- Provide Affordable Housing program services to comply with long-term housing affordability requirements.
- Manage and market initial sale of affordable units.
- Administer on-going transactions, such as refinancing and resale of units.
- Provide on-going compliance to ensure intended affordability.
- Provide compliance services for market-rate rental housing developers with affordability requirements.
HomeBase assists developers and builders who utilize public incentive programs. These programs include (among others):
- Density Bonuses
- Developer Incentives
- Transit Oriented Developments (TOD)
- Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone (TIRZ)/ Tax Increment Financing (TIF)
- Planned Unit Developments (PUD)