HomeBase is a non-profit 501(c)(3) affordable housing organization based in Austin, Texas. We are dedicated to creating and maintaining affordable homeownership opportunities for hard-working communities throughout Texas. HomeBase’s model:
- Creates asset-building opportunities for working families through affordable homeownership.
- Preserves affordable housing stock for generations of homeowners.
- Sustains stable communities where all residents have access to good schools, employers, retail centers, health care services, and transportation choices.
What We Do
HomeBase provides working families with affordable homeownership and asset-building opportunities. We preserve housing affordability for future generations while offering today’s home buyers the opportunity to build wealth in stable neighborhoods. We achieve this balance through the shared equity housing model by selling homes at below-market prices to income-eligible buyers, and limiting the resale price that these homeowners can charge when they later decide to sell.
HomeBase partners with public agencies, private and non-profit developers, and others working to implement affordable housing solutions. Together, we:
- Preserve affordable housing where rising prices are forcing households out of the market.
- Ensure that homes remain affordable on a long-term basis.
- Create broad social change for working families and the community.